2D Game Artist
who are we
Lightneer is looking for a talented, highly motivated game artist to join our ambitious and fast-paced mobile game studio!
As a Game Artist you will be visualising new game ideas from concept to finished assets. You’re able to adapt to existing art style guidelines but are also eager to take part in developing them further and coming up with new ideas for the visuals of our new games.
Professional experience from game art creation is a plus but we’re also eager to hear from artists of all backgrounds with passion for game art. The ideal candidate knows what it means to make art for games and to work with a team of game developers. You’re motivated and interested in the game development process as a whole and always happy to share your ideas, feedback and knowledge with others.
/ main tasks
/ main tasks
- Working both with existing art assets and also creating new high quality 2D game graphic elements and designs (such as UI objects, character assets, scenery, visual effects, animations etc.) for game production
- Working with established art style guidelines, helping to define them further and applying these to new visuals
- Collaborating with team members and other stakeholders on finding the best solutions in development and production processes
- Sharing art expertise with the team
- A portfolio demonstrating your game art skills
- Strong 2D art skills
- Strong skills and knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Good English language skills
additional as a plus
- Game art experience (either from professional or hobby projects)
- Understanding Unity environment
- 3D skills
- Mobile games and casual games knowledge and interest
- Video editing and After Effects skills
- Animation skills
- Other relevant education and/or work experience
- A chance to work on a variety of game projects
- Amazing colleagues, game developers, designers, artists and more to work and get inspired with
- Competitive compensation with option program, extensive healthcare, extended holiday policy, lunch and phone benefit etc.
- Inspiring office in the heart of Helsinki, FINLAND
We are Game Scientists at Lightneer! We created a unique GameLab, a multidisciplinary and systematic approach to mobile games development, that allows our world-class team to take best game concepts to market in just a handful of weeks. The next hit game is on its way!
We give our multicultural team of entrepreneurs, innovators, creators, engineers and marketeers the freedom, tools and support to create fun amazing mobile games and make a difference. Everyone in the company gets involved and we celebrate both success and failure, because failure means learning for us. We are one family with no egos or bullsh*t talk. Our values – Creativity, Excellence, Honesty, Responsibility and Having Fun – drive the company culture. We believe that mobile games can be a force of good and once we’ve found our hit games, we are going to figure out if we can use them to help make the World better place.
Become part of Lightneer team by applying now!
More information, contact: