Game Artist (3D & 2D)
who are we
Lightneer is looking for a talented, highly motivated game artist with strong 3D and 2D skills to join our ambitious and fast-paced mobile game studio!
As a Game Artist you are responsible of the visuals of our games. Your daily tasks consist of concept art, UI design, market research and creating finished graphics in 3D and 2D. You know what it means to work as an artist on a mobile game project and are able to carry the art tasks independently from the early concept stages to global launches.
You’ll be working closely with game designers, programmers and marketing team to come up with new creative ideas, fast iterations and constantly research for better ways to improve our game art. Great collaboration and communication skills are crucial. We are looking for a creative and responsible person who can work both independently and as part of small team in a dynamic data-driven company.
As a key member of our art team, you will have the opportunity to make your mark on new mobile games played worldwide. You get to work in a fast-paced, fun, creative, agile and collaborative environment.
/ main tasks
/ main tasks
- Working both with existing art assets and as well creating new low poly 3D and 2D game graphics and designs (such as UI objects, character assets, backgrounds, visual effects, animations etc.) for game production
- Creating concept art and game mockups for new game ideas
- Working with established art style guidelines and helping to define them further by keeping up to date with current hyper casual trends and applying these to new visuals
- Collaborating with team members and other stakeholders on finding the best solutions in development and production processes
- Sharing art expertise with the team
- A portfolio demonstrating your game art skills in both 2D and 3D art (Blender or 3DS Max and Photoshop)
- UI design skills
- Problem solving and time estimation skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Good English language skills
additional as a plus
- Game art experience (either from professional or hobby projects)
- Understanding Unity environment
- Mobile games and casual games knowledge and interest
- Video editing and After Effects skills
- Animation skills
- Other relevant education and/or work experience
- A chance to work on a variety of mobile game projects and to realize your own ideas
- Amazing colleagues, programmers, designers, artists, marketeers and more to work and get inspired with
- Opportunity to learn, grow and expand your knowledge within the mobile games industry
- Competitive compensation with option program, extensive healthcare, extended holiday policy, lunch and phone benefit etc.
- Company events, game room and cosy kitchen with free fruits, drinks and snacks!
- Inspiring office environment in the heart of Helsinki, FINLAND
We are Game Scientists at Lightneer! We created a unique GameLab, a multidisciplinary and systematic approach to mobile games development, that allows our world-class team to take best game concepts to market in just a handful of weeks. The next hit game is on its way!
We give our multicultural team of entrepreneurs, innovators, creators, engineers and marketeers the freedom, tools and support to create fun amazing mobile games and make a difference. Everyone in the company gets involved and we celebrate both success and failure, because failure means learning for us. We are one family with no egos or bullsh*t talk.
Our values – Creativity, Excellence, Honesty, Responsibility and Having Fun – drive the company culture.
Become part of Lightneer team by applying now!
More information, contact: